Monday 31 October 2011

What I learned this week....

This week one incident stands out against many as I learnt how to stop mice getting into my flat.  I know this sounds bizzare but it was something that had to be done.  Finding one mouse in the flat is bad enough but I drew the line when the seventh showed up.  So carted with the debit card I set off to B&Q to get mouse traps.  Now a few days on and the hole in the pipe leading into my flat bloacked off by the landlord, I feel comfortable enough to relax to get on with uni work.  No longer is there an excuse not to do the weeks reading for uni, not that many tutors would accept that excuse.

So if anyone finds themselves in the same situation as me, feel free to contact me as their local mouse-buster.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a smashing weekend! I would have moved out, they wee things are bloody fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're brave, I ran a mile when I saw octupus (ok... spider) invade my lovely new house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am TERRIFIED of mice no idea what I would have done in that situation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love mice
    Mice are my brothers
    Mice never bother me
    Sitting at my tea
    I give them half of what I'm eating.

    Rats are a different kettle of fish
    Faces ain't so friendly
    When they eat you in the night
    You do not want to know
    And they smell very, very strange.

    -- Ivor Cutler

    ReplyDelete